Friday, October 3, 2008

Poor Lily..


So on Wed. I was concerned when I saw blood in her bowel movement... I called the Dr. and the nurse said to wait and see if it were just a fluke or if it happened again. Well it did happen 2 more times, not as badly as the first time, but it wasn't going away. Of course I started reading online and FREAKING myself out... So I called the Dr. again today and explained that it was still happening... she has a well child check up next week, but I didn't want to risk it. So we took her in. Her doctor is 30 minutes away (I really like him, so I'm not going to start looking for another doctor.) He examined her.. She weighed 19 lbs 10 oz.. I didn't catch her height though. She was a total ham the entire time... He checked her heart and lungs, and everything seemed fine. We determined that switching her to Vitamin D milk was probably the issue. He suggested that we bump her down to 2% milk. If I wanted to I could mix half Vit. D with 2%, but he said unless there were a big drop in her weight, she ought to be fine. I have Caleb on 2% milk so it would actually be easier for us. We'll see if that helps.. He also prescribed some medicine that will help with her constipation so she's not in pain anymore... my poor baby.. We kept our appointment for next week, her 1 year check up! So he can check on her and so I can argue with him about delaying her vaccinations.. lovely.. lol!


Tomorrow I'll be going to the Alert! '08 Conference. My mom is going to babysit the kids for me, I'm so excited... its from 9am to 2 pm, and I think it'll be a lot of fun! I also can't wait to hear the message from Lt. Chris Boykin, a former terrorist (I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) and Skip Heitzig. They're also going to have a show by a former American Idol contestant.




1 comment:

Sandy said...

Sorry to hear lily is not feeling to well I hope she gets better real soon!!!

With Love , Grandma

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers