Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I miss my Dad.

I have to say, I'm surprised I'm not used to seeing my dad for long periods of time by now. He's worked overseas and for long periods of time for the majority of my life. It was just how my dad's job was... but with everything going on, and all the times I really needed advice and reassurance, it's been hard not being able to just call him.

I have an AWESOME dad. Like, the coolest dad ever. Before Brian and I cared about anything but ourselves, especially God, my dad was the only one concerned about us. My dad has had a thick skin when people degraded him, talked down to or about him because of his Faith in Jesus Christ and there were so many times when I felt like screaming, "He's MY DAD! Stop talking about him like that!" But he didn't care, he'd pray for the people that talked poorly of him.

You know, I'll be the first to say there were times when I just didn't want to hear what he had to say, and I think everyone with PARENTS could say that... but the fact that my dad was able to forgive me for things I did as a teenager, help me as a young adult and counsel Brian and I in our faith when we felt like we had no where else to turn, I will always be grateful. I remember a night when I was pregnant with Caleb that Brian and I were so angry with eachother we were throwing around the word "Divorce," and my dad was ready to leave work after working 14 hours and drive an hour to us at 11PM to come help us through it. Because that's the type of dad I have.

I admire him for his ability to give and give and give in the name of the Lord. My dad's sole ambition is to Glorify God. As Paul the Apostle awaited sentencing in prison in Rome, he said "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain," and I truly believe that my dad could say the same thing... For, to many people, they'd have to change the word "Christ" to "Money," "Cars," "Status," etc... and knowing my dad, he lives to spread Christ's love and promises to the world... and I hope to one day do the same.

My dad has given me advice that I couldn't get from anyone else. In times that I was in the wrong, my dad gently aided me and helped me to see what Christ would do in my situation. He's told me he was proud of me for doing the right thing, when I felt like I was often doing thankless actions... He is a helpful grandpa when he's around my kids, but allows me to be the parent. He has forgotten my birthday, I know... but he's never neglected to pray for me, which I couldn't appreciate more... He makes me feel sane when I feel under attack by people trying to make me feel like believing in Christ is like I've "bought into the hoax."

If you get a chance to read this dad, I miss you, I'm praying for you while you're in between Israel and Saudi Arabia, and I look forward to your safe return!

Love, Sierra "CB"

No comments:

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers