Saturday, September 6, 2008

Itty Bitty Update...

We've been very busy lately!!
We just started back up at the gym. Lily is finally old enough to go the daycare there, and so Brian and I can finally take it seriously again. When we were dating we went to the gym almost daily, it's sort of a date to us and I really enjoy working out. I especially like working out with Brian because he's like a machine in there! He tells me exactly what I need to do and doesn't let me use excuses, which is exactly what I need. He works on my form with me and keeps track of how much weight I need to be doing for every different type of lift. He's the excercise pro, I'm more talented in stretching... I make him stretch with me and he hates it lol.

So since we just started I'm sore head to toe. In a couple months I know it won't hurt so bad in between work outs, but wow it's intense for right now. What I also love about the gym is that it gets us out of the house and doing something productive together... it makes me feel more like an individual, and accomplished. I love being a stay at home mom, but I also like having some things for *me*... and this small dose of adult-ness (yes I made up that word), is exactly what I need sometimes.

Aside from starting at the gym, I've just signed up for the fall semester of the Women's Bible study at church. It's every Tuesday morning for 1.5 hours, and I really enjoy it. I am generally always the youngest one in my small group, but I can't really get involved in the College Aged ministry because they don't offer child care during that, so this is working for me! I dropped out (lol yes, I dropped out of Bible Study) when I first found out I was pregnant with Lily because I was so sick and overwhelmed being in large groups of people (serious anxiety!) So I'm excited to really commit to this study. We're studying the book of Psalms, which excited me because it's such a versatile book with a song for each different day that sums up what I'm going through, which I need a lot of right now.

So! Now that I've signed up for that, and I've volunteered for helping in the Children's Ministry on Sunday mornings... I will be at church Sunday morning (to volunteer), Tuesday morning (Women's Bible Study), Wednesday night (for the Bible from 30K), and Saturday night to enjoy the service. That is A LOT OF TIME! But I'm excited to do it. I was thinking about getting a job and Brian I figured out it would be less profitable for me to return to work than it would be worth it. So I'm looking to get involved in things that will help me get out of the house and help me to serve God. So pray that I continue this and commit to it!

We've had Alexxa the last few days.. It's been so nice. I love spending time with her, and she has been learning so much at school and I'm so proud of her. At this point I'm just trying to adjust to the fact that we don't live near her, so we're making do with her schedule to spend as much quality time with her as possible. Caleb's doing well, he has a new favorite song (Sha-sha-sha-Shalom!) that's all I hear when we get in the car, his whole face lights up when he hears the intro. It's so cute. He's talking more and more and I can't believe how smart he is sometimes. Lily is getting more and more brave as she is standing without help. She still won't take steps with help, but I'm not pushing her... She'll do it on her own time. We tried having her sleep in her crib in our room, but she refused... so she's still in our bed (sigh)... I'm also trying not to rush her into her crib, but she is 4 months older than Caleb was when he transitioned from our bed... But I've noticed she needs to be holding onto someone to fall asleep. So if it takes her a bit longer I'm trying to be understanding, as I don't believe in having her cry it out.

2 comments:

Kayla said...

You are such an awesome Mom Sierra in so many ways. ALL of your kiddos are so lucky to have you!!!!

Lisa said...

I think its cool you finally get to go to the dgym togther. I think its wonderful you are going to bible study. its a nice way to meet others and a fantastic way to learn God's word with others. Ii get what you mean with large crowds, I am not a fan either. we started to go to a small church and I am not sure thats where we belong yet, we have been to a few in the area some are very large, we just need to find the right fit that fits the WHOLE family's needs.. in the south (bible belt) its so much easier then it is here in CA.

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers