Sunday, September 7, 2008

I totally love it...

Today we went to the mall and I let the kids play a bit in the little play area, (you know, with the big kushy things they can play on). Alexxa is so adorably proud of her brother and sister. Anyone that talks to them is quickly told, "That's my baby brother! (or sister)". She always makes a friend and they treat Lily like they're real life doll, and Lily doesn't mind one bit! It's just so sweet.

Caleb did really well when we left today, which was a nice surprise. He usually throws a monster fit, but today he brought me his shoes and was ready to go. He's napping and Lily is playing with her super cool big sis.

I never knew the gift I was giving all of them by having them. Let me explain... I never knew the pride and companions I was giving Alexxa when I had Caleb and Lily... As well as Caleb to Lily.. And all the other combinations of relationships. Sitting back and watching them play and interact is just so heartwarming. They love each other. Caleb loves to make Lily smile and he does whatever it takes to get a giggle from his big sister, Alexxa. Lily loves the attention they give her, she eats it up! And Caleb gets the most adorable face of accomplishment when he makes one of his sisters laugh... It's amazing.

I'm getting so nostalgic lately... Maybe it's because I'm starting to plan the girls' birthday party. Lily will be 1!! My baby is going to be a toddler! And I'm not handling that very well.. She's growing up so fast... Speaking of growing up fast, Alexxa is going to be 5!!! 5... I can't believe it.. When we got married she was only 19 months old! And now she's going to school and learning new things everyday. I'm so proud of her... The one thing that I find so unique about Alexxa is that she is always trying to impress. Always. She is always on her best behavior, always trying to show how responsible she is. And she succeeds, I've never met a child to in tune with what is appropriately expected of her... and as a parent I just feel thankful for her positive attitude in everything she does. I hope that as we nurture that character trait she'll continue to thrive on impressing us and do well in everything she sets out to do.

We've decided to have the girls' parties together. Their birthdays are a month apart exactly, so I think we'll just choose a date between both of their birthdays, (I think around Halloween), and we're still deciding where we're going to have it. I've narrowed it down to either Build-a-bear (though that would be hard), Hoots (which is a party place that has HUGE inflatable play places that even adults can go on, Alexxa loved it when she went to a party there, and they plan EVERYTHING for you!) or the Little Gym, (also a favorite from a party they've gone to). I can't wait, the kids are going to love it, no matter where we go! :)

No comments:

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers