Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Paul... he's my Homie..

Seriously, Paul is definitely the 2nd coolest guy in the Bible, hands down (Jesus outranks all, got it?) . He has such a handle on how BIG and LOVING God is, and how trivial all things are on Earth. Whenever I start to feel like the world is caving in on me or like I'm sinking in quicksand, slowly-- with no help out... I read my Bible and quickly realize how small I am, and how I have the greatest Father in Heaven who will guide me and help me and all I have to do is ASK. I mean, woah.. that in and of itself just blows my mind.

I pray until I fall asleep. Brian often works graveyards and I've gotten pretty good at praying to keep my mind off the fact that it's dark, quiet, scary and lonely. It completely changes my train of thought and instantly makes me forget that I'm alone. As I'm praying, I never run out of things to pray about... my family, my kids, health, stability, etc.. And I often wake up with an urgency to one or more of my prayers. I've had God answer my prayers instantly, I've had him take months, days, or instantly in the morning.

A few days ago, I have to admit, I was a worried WRECK. You see, I'm one of those people that "knows" God is in control and will protect me, but sometimes "forgets". I'm not proud of that, it just happens to be one of my shortcomings I'm trying to work through. Anyway, I was worried about the possibility of our country bottoming out, selling it's land to China and going through serious famines, wars, and martial laws.

Anyway, so I'm reading Revelation with Brian (he's reading, I'm driving lol) and it's like a light bulb went off. As he's reading he is reading the notes below the scriptures in my study Bible and flipping around reading those parts that are referred to below). I can't remember the exact verse (I'm horrible and remembering verses... I have started writing them at the top of my Chore list every morning so I can at least try to remember one a week! How sad is that? LOL) anyway, Paul is writing to the Corinthians saying something to the effect of "Your suffering is short lived, for life here on Earth is so temporary, you shouldn't worry about the crap going on around you, put your faith in God and you're cool." (LOL!!! I KNOW, Paul totally talked like a teenage boy, duh?) Suddenly, I'm blasted to the video Lou Giglio made about God's INCREDIBLE vastness... and at that moment I felt like a pebble in sand... my whole world and all my "problems" seemed so trivial, so small, so pointless to worry about. Here's a clip:



So, though I am still a worrier at heart, I am going to do my best to ignore that tugging of my insides that makes more freak out about the future of my kids in this broken world, and lay my worries at my Father in Heaven's feet and wash my hands of it. Sure, it's easier said than done, but this is my task, and with God's help I can do it. HE is my strength... and with Him on my side, who can be against me? :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ya know it takes some people forever to come to the same thoughts you have, about being a grain of sand.
It is wonderful to continue to see you make leaps and bounds in your walk with Christ praise the Lord.
I did have to giggle a bit I don't remeber seeing the word crap in the bible. As long as you have a way of connecting the meaning to the verse thats great.

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers