Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!!

So.. do you know hard it is for ME not to post pictures of the gift I've spent MONTHS on for Brian? LOL.. I worked endless hours... cutting, sewing, printing, transferring, sewing, sewing, sewing... It was madness.

So! Here's the finished product!!
How I did it.. I first made the 12"x12" quilt blocks. This one was 5'x7' so 35 squares. I used 10 blocks as picture blocks. I first bought a t-shirt transfers kit from walmart that was compatible with my computer. I printed all the pictures black and white on to the transfer paper then transferred them to a plain white cotton fabric. I then appliqued the pictures to a block. Sewed them all together, and viola!! :) For the backing I bought a micro fleece twin sized blanket and turned and topstiched the 2 layers together. It was time consuming, but even a beginner to do it, I'm sure! :)

It turned out awesome, Brian loved it!! So it was totally worth it! :) I also got him a prayer journal and 2 little things for his car... oh and I claimed his truck as part of his gift, lol!

Which brings me to his truck, Brian got a big diesel Ford truck. He's the truck guy, so that's about all I know. I don't have a picture yet, but I will get some soon.

As for the kids! I got them each a toy and a basket full of little goodies. Lily got a doll stroller and baby, which she LOVED. Lexx got a dream dancer, I had one when I was a little kid and LOVED it, so did she! :) I also got her some clothes and craft stuff. Caleb got a blow up pool/play bin thing.. I don't know how to explain it, and candy and stuff. Here are some pictures of them opening their baskets when they woke up. (Lily is fully dressed because she was up SO much earlier than the other 2 she had plenty of time :::yawn for mama, who stayed up until 2 AM wrapping and putting everything together::::.







Brian got me a HUGE basket filled with a TON of stuff I've mentioned wanting but never getting.. He got me 2 CD's, (Lecrae, a Christian rapper I LOVE, and Jimmy Needham, also Christian and AWESOME.) Also books, magazines, work out stuff, flowers etc.. just a big basket full of things I just happen to want and love lol.

We had a great Valentine's day. Brian got forced to work on the real V-day, but we went out yesterday together to make up for it. We took the kids to Denny's on the real V-day for a family dinner, lol! I hope you all had a great Valentine's day as well!!

4 comments:

Hailey said...

Man you guys go way out, looks like a good day was had by all.

Hailey said...

Oh and I forgot to say I had one of those Flying/Dancer Dolls like you got Alexxa and I LOVED it. Seeing the pictures brought back such happy memories...I am a loser. But seriously I wonder if it would be bad to buy one now and say it was for Skye, I mean she could play with it with my help right :X

Eileen said...

I just had to pop in & say how much Alexxa is a little Brian..WOW! I love that blanket, you do incredible things!

Unknown said...

I Love the attention given to Valentine's day at your house. Its the same at our place!! You did a great job on the quilt and the kids look like they had the best time with all those neat presents! =)

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers