Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lily's Eye :*(

So last week, I noticed Lily had a little orange dot in her eye, near her cornea on the inside of her eye near her nose on the white part of her eye. I thought it was strange because it wouldn't move when she blinked. My friend Krystle held her eye open and I tried to clean her eye out, it didn't work.

So, the worrier I am, I started googling every phrase I could that somewhat discribed it. As soon as I saw the picture, I knew I had found what she had.

She has Pinguecula. It is usually found in older people, usually as the result of over exposure to UV lights. I can't imagine why she has it, at 16 months. I scheduled an appointment with her Dr. for the the 26th. As far as I know, it's not serious and can be removed if needed. I talked to the nurse practitioner at the office who said she'd never heard of this happening in such a young child. She said the best thing I can do is get her sunglasses and get her used to wearing them as often as possible, especially if we're going outside.

So I bought her 2 pairs of sunglasses at the children's place. I got Caleb a pair too so he can show her how cool it is to wear sunglasses, lol.



All in all, I guess we'll find out more at her Dr. appointment. I've banned myself from googling about it and it's links to serious diseases, lol... So I'll keep you updated!!

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Good Luck at the doctor's appointment. If the doctor doesn't seem to knowledgeable about it, it might be a good idea to go straight to an eye doctor. (((()))

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers