Saturday, December 20, 2008

Yowza...




I need to get on the ball and update this more often! Sheesh!

Here's a small update!

The kids and I (me, Lily and Caleb) will be going to Phoenix to see my family for Christmas. Brian has to work (will be working doubles for the holidays anyway,) so we're driving out convoy style with DeAnna, Sean and Seth. We're excited to get out of here for a little while as well as see my family that I haven't seen since MAY!




Well, I did the unthinkable.. :(
I cut my precious baby boy's hair! :*( I regret it so much! I miss his floppy sun bleached blonde hair! :( And now he looks so much older and it looks much darker since we won't be outside until spring! I didn't tell Brain until after we did it, so he wasn't very happy... But thankfully, there's a silver lining! Caleb's hair grows faster than anyone I've ever met, so it should be shaggy again in a few month! Yay... Though I think it's pretty clear from the pictures which style Caleb preferred... Sorry Caleb!!

Onward... So Brian and I have decided not to *do* Santa.. well sorta. We're going to give the kids "Santa" gifts, but not make him the focus of the holiday. We're going to be incorporating more of a Jesus' Birthday Party instead, but I have a ways to go before next year if I want to make lasting traditions with the kids to instill the reason we celebrate by giving, as well as keep it exciting and magical.
Caleb and Lily dancing to Christmas Music
Reading Caleb's new book from Mercy!

Today we opened gifts with my mom, DeAnna, Sean, and Seth because we'll be in Phoenix for Christmas and rather than taking all the gifts down there, we thought we'd spare Anna and Tom the endless toy flow and keep it all at my house! lol! It turned out well! The kids enjoyed it very much, Caleb went crazy for the train set I got him. We got them a play kitchen and Lily loves!

So, since we'll be in Phoenix for Christmas Eve, Brian is going to spend the whole day with Alexxa just dad and daughter time. He wants to take her to a movie, buy her a special toy, take her to dinner and just spend some quality time with her like we used to before the other babies came along. Alexxa thrives with one-on-one time, so I think this will be great for her! :) Though I'm going to really miss seeing her face light up when she open her gifts this year.

And now! Making his BLOG debut!! My dad!!
He came over last night and the kids just cling to their "Bampa." Lily just lays on his lap, totally content, it's so cute. And Caleb was having a blast playing his harmonica, I'm going to have to buy him one so they can play together.




About 2 weeks ago we got a good amount of snow! So I took a couple pictures while we were shopping downtown.


And finally, a couple pictures of the kids when we were in Santa Fe.




2 comments:

Hailey said...

Your dad looks so cute with the kids :) And I was hoping we would see pictures of your gift *wink wink* lol
All the pictures are great!

Kayla said...

Its about time you posted an update woman! I just want to say, I am SO SORRY for agging on Caleb's hair cut. And i miss Cash's hair TERRIBLY. I just cry anytime I see pictures of his curls. But a few little springy curls popped out yesterday, so his hair is on his way to being shagster again. But Caleb looks totally adorable, and unlike Cash's hair. His grows SUPER fast like you say!!!!

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers