Sunday, February 28, 2010

How about a happy update?

Well... in the process of mourning, I've learned that maintaining perspective is the most important and DIFFICULT thing to do. God has put this tragedy in our lives... and it's up to us to say, "Ok God, this is all in Your hands. I won't question it... I'll lean on You when I feel my heart is broken in 2."

So that's what I shall do... prayerfully, and in His will... that's what I'll do.

Onward... So it's been a while since I've updated my blog. Life happens, and I just can't seem to keep up with this. So here's my attempt at a big update in one swift move.

Alexxa's doing great in kindergarten. We celebrated her 100th day of school recently. We made a hat with 100 things on it (give or take, since Lily and Caleb helped). She will be starting tee ball in the spring and I really hope she likes it. She played soccer last year, and didn't like how much she had to run lol... But she finished the season nonetheless. I was hoping Caleb would make the age mark, but the poor thing is 3 months shy of the deadline. We'll have to wait until next year... but he is SO good!!

Which brings me to Caleb's schooling... What a blessing it's been! I can't believe the leaps and bounds he makes daily! His speech seems to have improved greatly! I am so impressed with how he's picked up his ABC's. He can recognize about 20 letters, and say what they sound like. He can count to 15. He's just amazing... such a sweet boy. His favorite part of school is breakfast with his friends, lol... and he LOVES riding the bus.

Lily is the funniest kid I know. The things she says and does are just hilarious. She sings everything... I tell everyone she has her own little soundtrack throughout the day, written and composed by her of course. I've really been enjoying our Mommy and Lily time we have in the morning while Caleb's in school. And she waits by the door for Caleb to come home. They melt my heart!

So... it looks like we're moving again! We called our landlords as it started getting warmer because last year the air conditioning for this house just wasn't cutting it... They said they just closed on a house in a better neighborhood and better A/C if we were interested in moving into it. We weighed our options and it seems to be a good move for all of us... So we're getting ready to start packing so we can move out within the next few weeks. That makes 9 moves in less than 5 years, yippee!!

More to come... I'll have to post pictures of the projects I've been working on, they'll blow your mind! :)

No comments:

Background

Powered By Blogger

Followers