For the last year, I've dedicated a lot of prayer to God, asking him to make my ministry need/purpose/His Will for me be abundantly clear.
I prayed... and waited... prayed... and waited...
Until one day, when I was driving, it was clear to me.
Motherhood.
That was His Will for me right now. As much as I'd love to sell everything, pack up the kids and Brian and move to Mongolia like the amazing Perdo Family, I know that's not it for me... yet anyway.
So I was driving. And it was like an epiphany hit me. Like a brick wall. My Godly duty is to have a Evangelical, Missionary, Gospel preaching relationship with my most captive audience! You guessed it... Alexxa, Caleb and Lily.
I feel as though God is doing a work in my through discipeling to my children. Every week, as I prepare our homeschooling lessons in a particular story of the Bible, *I* get convicted and learn so much as well... not to mention, I get the blessing of seeing and hearing the Holy Spirit work it's way in my little innocent children's minds and thought processes. There's something so heartwarming and incredible to hear Alexxa (not knowing I'm listening) doing a puppet show for Caleb and Lily, and in her puppet show she is teaching a lesson... something like, "Mr. Frog hit Mrs. Bear... and she was sad... so she told him, 'The Bible says, 'Obey God, in Acts 5:29. And God says not to hurt or hit.' So Mr. Frog said he was sorry to Mrs. Bear." It's something as simple as a puppet show than have pure joy consume me, and I feel like God is saying to me, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Mat 25:23, for instilling this core idea through our lessons.
My goal for this blog (life permitting), is to document our adventures as a Christian family... my personal interactions with such blessings of mine, learning and thriving and computing what and who God, Jesus, and The Holy Spirit are and why its important to know.
So here's to trying to keep up with my blog!!
I'd like to finish each blog with a prayer...
Heavenly Father,
I pray that you will continue to lead me with your desire for my life, and continue to make it clear to me so that I can lead my life in a way fitting for a daughter of the King of Kings.
I pray for my children, that they continue to thrive in a learning atmosphere centered around the Bible. That they continue to be healthy and interested in living a life for you, Father.
I pray for my husband, that he continues to have a heart to seek you and be the Spiritual Leader for our family.
In Your Son's Name,
Jesus Christ,
Amen.




No comments:
Post a Comment