Today, I had a beautiful morning with my husband. Grocery shopping.. Then I finished re-arranging the kids' rooms. Finished Caleb's, and organized the girls' now that we've separated the bunk beds so it wouldn't look so... Military.
Put the kiddos down for a nap, cleaned, did my Motivated Moms thing, and then we headed to Alexxa's school for her girl scouts meeting. I'm a assistant troop leader for the main troop leader. We've got 4 girls in our group (small but hoping to grow!), and Alexxa positively adores it. We only meet 2 times a month, and once outside of the meeting. But she looks forward to it so much and I love the values she is learning with a group of like-minded peers and parents. Caleb and Lily also think they are "honorary Daisy's," and they do most of the same activities, excluding a few that are just for the troop. They'll have their own troops some day! :) But right now, it's Alexxa's turn to shine! Today, she earned her first badge! And her troop leader was so sweet and gave all the girls a "Welcome" badge. She was VERY proud! Which in turn made me very, very proud!
Tomorrow, Caleb goes in to an early learning center to have his evaluation done. From a very early age, he's had delays here and there. First, it wasn't smiling until he was 6 months, then laughing... then pulling up, then speaking, as well as cringing if anyone touched him but me or Brian. Later, he seemed to be lagging in his speech. Friends of mine with 3 year olds seemed to be so much more advanced than him... and I would give him excuses... until I finally had to accept it and just decide what needs to be done. Functionally, his doctor is confident he's progressing normally. He was born 3 weeks early, and they've all been minor delays. But it got to a point where I felt like I was speaking for him. Even Brian couldn't understand him, and I began to feel like his interpretor, since he was using a lot of "code words" for things. I decided to ask his doctor what the next steps should be when Lily was starting to speak clearer than him.
Fast forward a month and a half... He seems to be doing LEAPS AND BOUNDS better. He's talking so much more and I really feel like he's handling things much better and less... what's the word? Meltdown-y? :) But I still would like to have him tested just to rule out anything and for peace of mind.
He will be tested in his Speech, Language, Motor, Behavior/Social-Emotional, and Cognitive Skills. "Severe" delays in any 2 of those will become eligible for Special Services Preschool Program. Although I'm fully expecting him to not qualify, it's such a blessing to know I will have a support system in place to help him get the help and learning he will need.
Two months ago, I was a hysterical mess. As much as I know that God is in control of EVERYTHING, it was a hard pill to swallow that something might be "wrong" with my precious boy. I prayed and prayed that no matter what, I remember that God's Will far surpasses any of mine, and learning to "die to self" and what I want for him is just what I had to do.
So! All in all, I will be in complete peace knowing that the results for my sensitive, sweet, caring, little man will be all in God's plan for his life, no matter what they are.
Heavenly Father,
I pray that you will give me strength to accept any news, good or bad, at any point in my life. Today, tomorrow and always. Knowing that I can rely on You, solely, to give me peace. I pray that you will put your hand on my Caleb, everyday. Let him grow to be a man in Christ. Lead him to you so he will never be astray. Comfort him. Guide him, as his Heavenly father. I pray you'll keep my eyes on you, always, and I praise you for the blessings my children are, that you've bestowed upon me.
In you Glorious Son's Name,
Jesus Christ,
Amen.




No comments:
Post a Comment