I started my day the same way I start every Tuesday, SCRAMBLED to get the kids ready for Women's Bible Study. We got there surprisingly on time, considering I thought we were running super late. Brian wasn't here to help, he's gone hunting for today and tomorrow. Yes, I know, it's my birthday and he's hunting... Originally I was upset, but after he went above and beyond, helping everyone orchestrate my birthday plans, even down to having flowers sent to me and a babysitter lined up... I forgave him. Besides, DeAnna and Sean wanted to go to dinner together and Sean won't be here until Thursday night, so we post-poned our birthday 'date' until Thursday night. We're going to the Melting Pot, and I'm SO excited.
Anywho, following my final day of Bible study in the Psalms, I went home and got the kiddos to take a nap. I think I dozed off for a moment also, but I guess I will never be sure, haha. I got ready and got the kids in comfy clothes to go to my friend Krystle's house. I got them to her house and headed to St. James Tearoom in Old Town. My navigation did a HORRIBLE job telling me where to go, but like they say with most computer operated issues, it was likely me that was doing something wrong, lol.
As soon as I walked in I saw this adorable little gift shop, with a shabby chic/overthetopadorable gift shop. Fully stocked with antique-esque tea sets, teas, boutique clothing, the works! Here are a few pictures I snapped of the gift shop room:




And here are a few pictures of the different Parlors available:


And here are the HATS, we had so much fun picking different hats. DeAnna even has one of those mink type of animals draped on her shoulder, those just creeped me out.

The hallways dividing the parlors:

And OUR parlor! We had 2 different teas that were just AMAZING. I'm a big tea fan!

Me and Mercy, the awesome lady that came up with it all for our birthday! Sidenote: She had planned on taking us over 2 years ago, when I was 9 months pregnant with Caleb. We had reservations and everything, however, Caleb showed up 3 weeks early! So needless to say, a whole other baby later, we've finally made it!

The birthday girl, these were candid.. I swear.. Ok, maybe they weren't.

Following our fabulous tea party, my mom, Grandma and Uncle Dicky took us to dinner at the casino... It was so cute, my mom set up all sorts of decorations and necklaces, tiaras, jewelry to make us feel something that often fades away as we become adults and lose the excitement of birthdays.... feeling extraordinary on our birthday, it totally made my day to have so many people I love, make a fuss about *my* birthday! Ok.... ok, "Our" birthday! ;)
Aww... known her since the womb-days.

I know, this is so unrelated, and YES, Caleb's naked lol, but it cracks me up how much they love those bikes. They sit on them all day lol! Caleb's always trying to figure out ways to tie them together so he can pull Lily on her bike, it cracks me up.

Ah ha, so! My dad got my sister and I these AWESOME necklaces. The top is the minora, the middle is the Star of David, and the bottom is the "Christian" Fish, I KNOW it has a name, but i Can't remember it at the moment!
I love it, Dad, GOOD JOB! ;)


My favorite things... Everyone got me things I LOVE that I'd NEVER get myself. I love the SewStylish magazine I got... I always flip through them, but never buy them for "myself," I also love the Office calendar, it's RAD, the body lotions (I use these SO much, it's something I always NEED), Scrapbooking embellishments, makeup, and you can see my flowers as well... I love everything I got, I can tell everyone put so much thought into these things, and I love the family and friends I have... Awww ;*)
Anywho, following my final day of Bible study in the Psalms, I went home and got the kiddos to take a nap. I think I dozed off for a moment also, but I guess I will never be sure, haha. I got ready and got the kids in comfy clothes to go to my friend Krystle's house. I got them to her house and headed to St. James Tearoom in Old Town. My navigation did a HORRIBLE job telling me where to go, but like they say with most computer operated issues, it was likely me that was doing something wrong, lol.
As soon as I walked in I saw this adorable little gift shop, with a shabby chic/overthetopadorable gift shop. Fully stocked with antique-esque tea sets, teas, boutique clothing, the works! Here are a few pictures I snapped of the gift shop room:
And here are a few pictures of the different Parlors available:
And here are the HATS, we had so much fun picking different hats. DeAnna even has one of those mink type of animals draped on her shoulder, those just creeped me out.
The hallways dividing the parlors:
And OUR parlor! We had 2 different teas that were just AMAZING. I'm a big tea fan!
Me and Mercy, the awesome lady that came up with it all for our birthday! Sidenote: She had planned on taking us over 2 years ago, when I was 9 months pregnant with Caleb. We had reservations and everything, however, Caleb showed up 3 weeks early! So needless to say, a whole other baby later, we've finally made it!
The birthday girl, these were candid.. I swear.. Ok, maybe they weren't.
Following our fabulous tea party, my mom, Grandma and Uncle Dicky took us to dinner at the casino... It was so cute, my mom set up all sorts of decorations and necklaces, tiaras, jewelry to make us feel something that often fades away as we become adults and lose the excitement of birthdays.... feeling extraordinary on our birthday, it totally made my day to have so many people I love, make a fuss about *my* birthday! Ok.... ok, "Our" birthday! ;)
Aww... known her since the womb-days.
I know, this is so unrelated, and YES, Caleb's naked lol, but it cracks me up how much they love those bikes. They sit on them all day lol! Caleb's always trying to figure out ways to tie them together so he can pull Lily on her bike, it cracks me up.
Ah ha, so! My dad got my sister and I these AWESOME necklaces. The top is the minora, the middle is the Star of David, and the bottom is the "Christian" Fish, I KNOW it has a name, but i Can't remember it at the moment!
Edited to add:
I forgot to tell you about my Kenny G cd!!! OMG... I seriously LOVE it. I have been looking for some relaxing Christmast tunes, and since the kids and I listen to Music Choice, "Traditional Holiday Music" I was dying for some Christmas music with instrumentals only... and I realized I preferred saxaphone above piano/etc.... So I looked in a few stores, but didn't find anything worth while... then, Mercy got me Kenny G's Holiday album. It's not pictured above because it is now dwelling in my car for the next 2 months :) I abolutely love it.




3 comments:
Oh it was so worth staying up for lol :)
I am so glad you had such a great day, you totally deserved it, seriously.
It looks like such a fun day. I am in LOVE with that tea house. Claire and I are totally coming there to visit and going there. (this is another plan we will clue Claire in on later lol)
awww it looks like you had a WONDERFUL day!!!! Again happy birthday!
It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday...The necklace is beautiful.
Post a Comment