We've had a busy month!! Now that Thanksgiving has come and passed I need to update my blog!
So he had his formal evaluation on Nov. 17th. He did AMAZINGLY well! I really only saw the beginning, which was his fine motor test. He really did well with that, the instructor was very impressed. He still holds his pencil awkwardly, but he was able to draw all the items he asked him to draw, and said he was actually advanced in that aspect.
I was in the room next to the room Caleb was being tested in for the remainder of the testing. I was going through a scantron list of questions about Caleb's home life and what he's able to do. The staff was so great to him, he left so proud of himself! They said they were still concerned about his hearing, and it would explain a lot of the speech delays if they could figure out why he is having hearing issues. All in all, I was very proud of him that day. We find out the results to that testing (and whether or not he got into the preschool program) on Dec. 2nd. So I will update on that, then! :)
On Nov. 20th, he had his apppointment with the audiologist. She did the same tests he has done before, only I wasn't in the room with him. He struggled to hear her in his right ear again, and again the vibrations showed the noise wasn't traveling to his eardrum. She believes he has fluid surrounding his ear drum, which means he's only hearing as well as he would under water in that ear. She advised we wait and see if it clears on it's own, and double check the 18th of December. She sent a report to Child Find, as well as his Pediatrician. Because of the holiday, I've had a hard time reaching his Pediatrician to hear what he'd like to do. If the fluid is still in his ear, they will refer him to a specialist.
So that's what's been up with him! :)
Heavenly Father,
I pray that you lay your mighty hand on my children. Continue to bless them with their health, safety, and protection that only You, their Father in Heaven, can provide. I pray that you will lead me to be the best example for them as a servant for Your purpose. I pray that Caleb is able to recieve the help he needs. In Your Great and Heavenly Name, Jesus Christ, Amen.




1 comment:
It sounds like Caleb did fantastic. Savannah had a speech eval last week, and did above average in everything but with actual she is lagging, often mumbles, runs words togther plus all the letters that a lot of children have troubles with.
We are being reffered to an audioligst to check her hearing and then maybe tubes since all the boys had them due to lots of infections which she has had since moving to CA.
She has been reccomend for speech therapy which I am not sure how its done here yet so I am also waiting for a call too.
Father God May you continue to bless and annooint this family. May you blessing abound.
Post a Comment